Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm Stuck!

When we moved into our house we didn't have a fridge so we went to Home Depot and bought a little tiny fridge until we could save enough money for a big fridge. When we finally had the money my husband said we would have to wait because he had three drill weekends in a row and he didn't have time to install a new fridge. We were having to go to the grocery store like every three days because our fridge couldn't hold enough groceries for our family and I wasn't gonna do that for three more weeks so I told him I would install it and even take out the old fridge. He just had to help me get it through the front door and that was it. Thursday night we went to Lowe's and got the new fridge and he helped me get it in the door and the went to bed early because he had to work and had drill both on the same day. So I took the new fridge to the kitchen and plugged it in and let it cool for 24 hrs like the book said. Saturday morning I woke up and emptied the old fridge, moved it out of the way and put the new fridge in place. I was on a roll I even had the kitchen cleaned back up before the kids got out of bed. I decided the little fridge would make a great second fridge and I could just put it in the laundry room instead of taking out the front door and then putting it into the garage. I cleared a space in the laundry room and measured the door and the fridge. I measured twice because I always measure wrong and my husband says it's because I don't measure twice. But I measured twice this time and had 1/8 of an inch clearance on all sides. I cleared everything out of the way, lined the fridge up with the door and gave it a good push. It got about half way in and got stuck, really stuck. So I thought I can fix this before my husband gets home, he never has to know about this. The problem was that my children were awake by now and my lovely son thought it would be a good idea to take pictures, so now there is evidence.


Did I mention that it isn't easy to climb over the top of a fridge. I had to unwedge the fridge, take the door off the hinges and try again. It fit the second time with very little damage to the door frame. The upside is that we now have two fridges and I only have to go to the grocery store like every two or three weeks instead of two or three times a week like before. Oh, and I finlay came up with a good excuse to get rid of the laundry room door that it always in the way but my husband wouldn't let me take down.

2 comments:

Cindy Killebrew said...

Great shot! Man, that sucks. I bet the new fridge looks great though :)

Sharla said...

I just love Tanners photography skills. What great blackmail :). It stinks when you get stuck with something you think will work! Darn door way! I'm glad it all worked out in the end. Hey just think of it as your morning work out :)