Monday, March 30, 2009

Kari's Wedding


Friday afternoon my sister decided to to announce that she was getting married at 11pm Friday night - Surprise! I hate surprises. She had a small candlelight ceremony in front of the fire place at Randi's moms house. It was short and sweet, just the way she likes it, except the minister kept mentioning that marriage is nothing to take lightly and marriage is nothing to rush into. She even worked it into the sermon a few times. I think there is gonna be some debate over when there actually anniversary is because the minister didn't sign the marriage licence until after midnight and in Texas it's when the signature hits the paper not when the ceremony is performed.
My brother didn't attend so I gave her away(because unlike my husband I'm not afraid of my brother even if he does have a gun). Apparently my hips and her wedding dress didn't fit through the bedroom door at the same time. We were laughing so hard that they couldn't get a good picture of me walking her out.

4 comments:

The Gee Six said...

Oooh, so pretty! Tell your sister congrats!

BiscottiQueen said...

Congrats... Definite surprise!!! :)

Sharla said...

Man your family pulled that off really well with no notice! Congrats and good luck Karianne!

CourtneyB said...

Holy moly - I agree with Sharla! Tell Kariann congrats - and I really love your hair like that! (: