Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
Overboard! Dad asked questions and they answered. At first he was only throwing them over for wrong answers but then they started answering some of the questions wrong on purpose so he threw them over for all answers.
Cocoon. Basically hide and seek but it was to muddy to go outside so my husband came up with an indoor version. Dad had a hard time hiding because the dog wanted to hide with him. Her huge wagging tail was a dead give away every time.
And of course they ended with the pillow fight. When all the excitement was done I did get to take a nap and when I woke up my husband and the missionaries were trying to figure out how to use the dvd player downstairs - Surprise! I guess it's a good thing I didn't go down in my PJ's. I hate surprises like when my husband forgets to tell me people are coming.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
her dressers (every one of those boxes and containers are packed with stuff)
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
PS this post was gonna be titled something else, but my kids read this blog so I have to be nice.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Brendan is taking band this year for his elective. I think he's pretty good, the noises he makes sound like songs. My first year in band I don't thing I ever got a note right and none of the songs I played ever sounded like a music. He loves his trombone and practices every day, sometimes twice a day. His teacher says he is doing very well.
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour . Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!
(5) Loud Sigh: This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men... A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome'. That will bring on a 'whatever').
(8) Whatever: Is a woman's way of saying Bite Me!
(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to #3.