Saturday, March 14, 2009

Navy Ball

With his hat on and my shoes off he doesn't look so short.

Jimmy, Oscar, and Matt .
Matt and Jimmy trying to look small for Oscars sake.

We weren't actually going to go to the navy ball. It's Oscars drill weekend and he had to work late a lot this past week and even worked a double on Tuesday. We were pretty tired by the end of the week and decided not to go. Then on Saturday my brother informed him that it was highly frowned upon to miss the navy ball and he would get all the crap jobs for a long time if he didn't go so we went. It was a bit of a stressful day because I don't even own a dress. He didn't call to tell me that we were going until after lunch so I had two hours to find a dress, shoes, and jewelry. It is impossible to find a modest dress and comfortable shoes in two hours or less. My dress was held together with double sided tape and safety pins and I still think I was popping out the top. I also had to buy a shrug (which was twice as much as the dress) because every dress I found in my size was either strapless, backless, or so short that my butt would be hanging out. And my shoes were terrible. Why is it that women are expected to wear hills in the first place. After the ball I had to take Sarah out to the car for her sleepover and refused to put the shoes back on so I slipped my husbands shoes on to take her out. They were so comfortable. He always complains when he has to wear his dress shoes but he's never had to spend five hours in hills, I don't know what he's complaining about.

His shoes...
and mine, they're really cute though.
All in all it was a lot of fun and in the end we were glad we went.
Oh, the picture at the top was taken at the end of the night and we were exhausted, so if it looks like we're holding each other up it's because were.

3 comments:

The Gee Six said...

You guys look so cute! And I totally love the shoes, even if they did hurt your feet!

Cindy Killebrew said...

You look wonderful! I have a pair of shoes that look real simular to those and man do they hurt!

clicker59 said...

That's typical of the military and that figures with Matt and Jimmy to take their shoes off to try to shrink down to Oscar's size.