Sunday, April 26, 2009

Whatever Mom

When my kids use the computer they are only supposed to go to educational websites. Yesterday one of the kids I babysit went to a cartoon network sight and it locked up my computer. I told them that cartoon network was banned from our house and they were not to go to that site again. Zander thought he'd be sneaky and try again while I was down stairs and the computer got locked up so he was busted. I told him the rules and threatened to take away his computer privileges if he did it again. I told all the kids they have to ask me before they go to a new website so it doesn't break the computer. This morning Zander snuck upstairs to try again while I made breakfast and again it locked up the computer. I told him he was grounded from the computer because he didn't fallow the rules and he broke the computer. He was very upset and went to the play room to seek comfort from the boys. when they asked what was wrong he said in a very loud sob that mom was angry because cartoon network broke the computer. They all started laughing and Brendan and Tanner said that's not true you know, she just tells you that so you won't go to that sight because it isn't educational. This is their new thing, they think when I tell them something I am lying so that they will do what I want them to do not what they want to do. I have no idea how this started. I am hearing a whole lot of Yeah, right mom and Whatever mom. It's driving me crazy. I am so glad we are passed the rolling our eyes at mom phase because if that went a long with whatever mom they would have to go live in the barn with the chickens or something.

4 comments:

whiterice said...

Nice blog - found you thru BYC!

Not looking forward to the time when my 3 year old wants to start using the computer...

MammaMelgar said...

The teach them in pre-k at the ripe old age of four. In the first grade our kids started coming home with home work to do on the computer.

Remodelaholic said...

oh no.. is this what I have to look forward to!!

clicker59 said...

Tust me Shannon they will out grow that.