Monday, April 27, 2009

Life is so unfair!

Brendan comes home from school today to let me know that his shoes were falling apart and his feet had outgrown them. (they are only 2 months old) I told him there is only five weeks left in the school and he wasn't getting new shoes. He also told me that his school supplies needed to be updated. he is almost out of pencils, his markers are almost dry, his colored pencils are little stumps. Again there is only five weeks left of school and he has to make do with what he has. So he has a request - mom could you please buy a better kind of shoes next year and a better quality of school supplies? (we buy the supply kits from the schools) Then he announced that I should let him stay up later because he is older than the other kids. He's practically a teenager he said. He has friends that don't even have a bedtime so it isn't fair that he goes to bed at 7:30 like a baby. I told him that he can stay up as late as he wants as long as he is in his bed. Then he requested a lock for his room which I agreed to as long as he understands that he doesn't get to lock out mom and dad. He huffed and rolled his eyes and walked away. Life is so unfair when your eleven and a half!

2 comments:

Kirchner Family said...

My 12 year old is the same way! Life isn't fair - everyone has it soo much better than they do - I think its the age. Whats funny is that all of us are saying the same things to our kids and yet they think they are the only ones.

Sadie said...

My oldest is singing the need new school stuff song as well. It makes me wonder why they don't make the supply list to include enough of everything for the entire year..
We also have a strict 8pm bed time here. They like to argue it with me during the seasons when it'll still be somewhat light out at 8. lol