Monday, April 20, 2009

The dryer died:(

My washer died about 2 weeks ago so we have been waiting for Oscar to get paid to buy a new one. Saturday I went to the laundry mat to wash clothes and brought them home to dry but then last night the dryer died. I keep telling my husband that we should get one of those really big washer/dryer sets that can wash like 16 pairs of jeans and dry them all in the same amount of time as 4 pairs of jeans and it uses less water and electricity to do it. He said no. They are like $1200 and he and the kids took a vote and decided that I would break them in the first year and we won't have a washer and dryer for another whole year. Brendan said you know mom this is cuz you break things. You have to get the cheap ones because you are going to just break them. I'm sure I've said similar words to him more than once so now it's come back to bite me on the butt. The all decided they would rather use the money for something else like a backyard play system with a tree house and a zip line and monkey bars that just happens to be exactly the same price as my washer/dryer combo. I may give in since we can't have a trampoline or water slide this year and I have already told them there will be no field trips this summer either. I don't entertain children so we'll see what happens on Thursday (pay day). I think if they get the play system they'll be doing the laundry over the summer.

No comments: