Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The past few weeks

My mother has come to stay with me for a while and having her here has been an amazing help. She's usually to sick to really help out around the house but she is a very big help with the kids. She's always willing to babysit during nap time so I can run errands and when ever the kids are bugging me while I'm busy I tell them to go find Bobo and they do. They are very excited to go hang out with her and go draw pictures for her.

We have started remodeling the kitchen. So far the food storage pantry has been started and within a few weeks I am going to put in some new cabinets where the bakers racks are to keep me from going crazy when the kids go to school.

The chickens have left us :( They have found a new home on a chicken farm. We were all sad to see them go and Zander was completely devastated until we explained that they were going to a place where people don't eat the chickens and they could run around all day and didn't have to be locked up when the neighbor was home.

I dropped some kids and now I'm averaging like 6-9 kids a day so I have started letting my kids take turns making lunch. They have been asking if they could make their own lunches for a while but I never would let them because if one kid makes their own lunch then all fifteen will want to make their own lunch and that's just too much chaos for me. When we got down to 9 or less kids a day I decided each day they could take turns making lunch for all the kids. I told them if they make a huge mess I would freak out and they wouldn't be able to make lunch again so when the are done with their lunch all the kids clean the kitchen and wipe down the table and chairs so when I come in to do the dishes the kitchen is already clean for me. Now I am wondering why I didn't start this sooner.

When I go more than a few days without talking to my husband I go a little nuts. To keep me from going totally insane this past week I decided to build a book shelf for the living room. It went faster than I expected so I was a little disappointed. I still have to put in the last shelf and finish unpacking so I can find the rest of my books but other than that the darn thing is finished.

Next week school starts and then the first weekend of school we are going on a road trip to Mississippi to see Oscar so I've stop letting Zander and Tanner take naps. I am tired of our schedule revolving around naps and I figure at 7 & 9 they are old enough to give them up. They have both been real grouchy lately and finely on Sunday Zander came home from church and went to sleep and didn't wake up until about 9:30 Monday morning. He just couldn't take it anymore, he had to catch up on his sleep. If Tanner doesn't get a nap he can't go to sleep at night. Some nights he is up until midnight or later because he says he is so tired he can't go to sleep. Finally one day when they were both being little crabs I told them they were gonna have to take a nap and Tanner started freaking out. He said that if his friends ever found out that he still takes naps they would make fun of him and everyone would tease him. He is determined to get through this. I guess there will be no more after school naps in our house this year - Yeah!!

Someone has started egging our house. In the past month we have been hit 4 times. At first I thought it was the kids that hang out at the school at night but now I don't think so because my house is the only house in the neighborhood getting hit. Last night I came home and there was fresh egg running down the garage door. I must have just missed the punks by a few minutes which I guess is a good thing because I probably would have rum them over If I had caught them in the act. The first time they got the driveway and the back of the van, then they egged the porch, then the front door, and last night the garage door.
I wasn't taking pictures at first, just cleaning it up but then this morning when I was cleaning up I decided if their gonna keep doing this then I'm gonna file a police report and I'll probably need pictures so I stopped cleaning and took a few pictures real quick.
My internet is back Yeah!!! It has only been working in little ten minute spurts randomly throughout the day. It was very frustrating because as soon as we would get singed in and get to website we wanted to be on it would cut off. We finally figured out our wireless internet was getting too much interference from the new wireless system that was installed in the school behind us so we had to get a stronger router and modem and now we have internet again. It's nice to be connected to the outside world again.


luvmykids said...

Do you ever rest? I NEED your energy! All the changes look great

MammaMelgar said...

My kids sleep thru the night and I'm not pregnant. One day you'll get to a point where you don't have to have a nap just to make it thru the day.