Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tanners shelf


Tanner had to build something out of wood for his scout project. He decided he wanted a shelf for his wall so that he would have a home for all his collectibles and scout models and awards. He drew out the design and then I had to figure out how to make it. After I made the first section he made all the rest. I even made him cut the wood even though he is afraid of the big power tools like the table saw and chop saw. He said he was totally freaked out but I made him do it anyway since it was his project and he has to learn to use tools sooner or later. I had to help with the screw in the top because it was too tall for him to reach with the drill. In the end it was a little warped and crooked but it turned out pretty good for his first real project.

No comments: