Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The first day of school

On the first day of school I decided I wasn't keeping any extra kids so I wouldn't have to rush home and meet parents. I didn't have to get up at 5am and for the first time in a long time I got to sleep in and actually stayed asleep. I slept so hard I slept through the alarm. We rushed around and got every one ready and made it to school just before the tardy bell. When we got to the school the big kids decided to take themselves to class and Zander wanted to do the same but he couldn't carry his own bag. He said it was embarrassing for his mother to walk him to class but his bag weighed as much as he did. When we got into the class it was a different story. He clung to my leg and wouldn't let go. I pealed him off, wished his teacher luck and left him there and for the first time ever he didn't cry and freak out. On his first day of pre-k he didn't speak to me until after dinner and only talked to me because he had to tell me that one of the other kids bit him. On his first day of kindergarten daddy had to take him to school because he was already freaking out. On the first day of first grade he was crying so hard he made other kids in his class cry. It took about 45 minute to get him to calm down enough for me to leave. But this year he didn't even cry and by day two it was embarrassing for him to be dropped of at school by his mother.

Confession - this isn't actually the first day of school picture because I forgot to charge the batteries to the camera, it isn't the second day either because Tuesday was when my mother had her incident, and it isn't the third day because I was still at the hospital with my mother when my kids left for school. This picture was taken on the fourth day of school before I sent my children to bed because it was a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad week.

1 comment:

Cindy Killebrew said...

The kids looked great! So proud of Zander!