Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sarah's Party

 I have found that planning a girls sleep over is a bad idea because if I send out invitations in advance 27 girls show up even if I only send out 12 invitations. If I tell Sarah on Wednesday that she can have some friends sleep over on Friday then only 2 friends and a few cousins show up.
 
We don't have a picture of Sarah blowing out the candle because just as she was about to Tanner poked her cheek and we were all laughing too hard.
 
They ate a ton of junk food and I think they were sick afterwards but isn't that what's supposed to happen at sleep overs? Every year I end up with colored soda stains on the carpet so this year I bought all the kids an insulated cup with a lid and straw and somehow we still ended up with more spills and stains this year than we ever did before.
 
 
 



She got all her favorite things, clothes, jewelry, sparkly nerd glasses, cosmetics and bath products, craft supplies and a gift card to go shopping.

After presents they had these cute little cookies and donuts for breakfast. They were very disappointed with the cookies, they smelled good but tasted terrible and most of the kids threw them away. I guess that's what happens when you buy prepackaged cookie pops.

They sang karaoke while waiting for their parents. After about 20 minutes we had to turn the microphone off because for some reason when you hand a mic to the girls they get really loud and squeaky, even the girls that know how to sing and sing well.

I think after a few minutes they decided karaoke wasn't all they expected it to be. I am glad I borrowed a karaoke machine instead buying the very expensive model Sarah had asked for after all.


 



No comments: